Friday, November 02, 2007

oh gosh

Well, in a slight moment of madness, I have signed up to another half marathon. It's amazing how we block out the bad memories to make plenty of space for the good ones. Or is it simply that the good ones end up outweighing the bad?

I definitely know that since starting training for the Bristol half marathon my mindset and attitude have changed - in a good way. I am more determined to persevere than I used to be and I suppose that is something that I want to grow more in in other aspects of my life and if you grow in one area of your life, it slowly but surely translates into other areas.

I never really used to read the blogs of people I didn't know, but recently I have been thoroughly inspired by some wonderfully creative people's blogs that I have stumbled across through blogs of people I know, and of people I don't. I am kind of amazed at the blogging communities that develop as a result of shared interests, but also quite excited at the prospects! I have yet to break into any of these communities - I guess because I feel my blog is somewhat lacking in the things that appeal to people about blogs, and also it isn't how I'd like it to be - a story in pictures. One day I'll have the money to buy a camera that is small enough to allow me to document life as I go...(Until then, if anyone has a digital camera that if for some bizarre reason you don't need anymore, feel free to throw it my way!)

For now, here is a picture of a place I love - Westonbirt Arboretum.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I am trying to check out more bloggers than I do. I will be coming back!!