Thursday, December 27, 2007

on the run

This morning I went for my second proper run since being back in training for my next half marathon. That sounds like a rather official way of just saying that I have finally got myself into gear, hving come to the horrible realisation that the bath half marathon is just 12 weeks away. Eek! At this stage before the Bristol Half Marathon, I had been training for months and months, so 12 weeks felt like nothing. Now, it feels a little too soon.

But, I am glad to say that my body does not seem to have forgotten how to run and just. keep. going. And in fact, it has not felt like that - that I have had to push myself to keep on going. My body definitely feels a bit sluggish and my muscles are complaining a bit but nothing that I can't push past. This morning, I ran for an hour - probably about 10k. Not bad, not bad.

Yesterday it was so lovely to get out in the fresh air and winter sunshine for a couple of hours - the family minus Sarah went to Seasalter for a seaside walk. Lovely. I snapped away on my camera - it's now becoming less and less common for us to be together as a family, what with three of us no longer living in the Bay - and I always notice how much each f us is changing in appearance, so it's great to capture the present to look back on in the future...

No comments: