Friday, January 09, 2009

the proud mother in me

I am fully aware that the children at school are not my own, but in some small way, I love them, and think that they are brilliant. I wanted to share with you a few pictures my little ones have drawn recently, because they are great:




At first glance, you might think this is a caterpillar with a face. But no, this is the baby brother of one of my girl's - he's crawling. I thought this interpretation of being asked to draw a person was fantastic. She is probably the only child in the class who thought outside of the box, and could go way beyond the expected for her age.

I love this picture, because it is by a girl who is very quiet, and when I saw this picture, I felt it brought to life a bit more of who she is and what she is capable of. I love the fact that pictures of bald headed, no bodied people produces a feeling of pride in me.


And last but not least, I like this picture because the hair on this girl is amazing. Not to mention the quote that goes along with it:

'She's flying with the air colour.'

When another child asked what air colour is, Olivia replied matter-of-factly, 'it's when you go in a plane.' Obviously.

No comments: