Friday, April 03, 2009

toffee crunch

The start of the school holidays sees the start of me playing mum. Just for 6 days. A good friend of mine has gone to Argentina with her husband and has left her two sons in my charge. Brave lady. So tonight, to celebrate the start of the holidays, it's movie night and they're watching Star Wars. I'm afraid I am not. I don't have anything against it, but I just have no idea of the story line, so the film wouldn't make sense to me. Instead, I've provided the popcorn. Disappointingly, the popping corn did not actually 'pop' in the pan. Weird. I whipped up some toffee sauce to adorn the little husks in, and I have to say, it was pretty tasty, and I don't even like popcorn.


For the sauce:

50g unsalted butter
4 tbsp soft brown sugar
2-3 tbsp golden syrup

Place all of the above into a pan and heat gently until the sugar crystals dissolved. You'll be left with a beautifully runny, buttery sauce. Yum.

No comments: