Wednesday, July 21, 2010

according to the children


Marriage is a frequent, perhaps even daily, conversation at Nursery.

And it has nothing to do with me getting married & talking endlessly about it.

The girls like to talk on a daily basis about which boys in Nursery they will be marrying. The boys are more than happy to join in.

So, on Monday, Miss Martin said to the girls, 'I think it might be a good idea to tell the boys that you are planning to marry of your intentions - that might be a good place to start.' 

Miss Martin then asked the children how old you have to be to get married. One child loudly and clearly stated that 25 was the right age. I breathed a sigh of relief that I fit into this category. I don't know what I'd do without these children - I might have ended up getting married when I wasn't supposed to.

Then another child said:

'No, you can get married at eleventeen, fourteen or nineteen.'


Hmmm. Well in that case, I'm a little bit late. If only I'd know when I was eleventeen that this was the age to marry it, I might have had five babies by now.

1 comment:

Ben said...

'And it has nothing to do with me getting married & talking endlessly about it.' - Sure

'If only I'd know when I was eleventeen that this was the age to marry it, I might have had five babies by now.' - without a doubt!