Tuesday, January 18, 2011

dusky blues



This year I feel like I am more aware than ever before of the light and dark. Starting back at school in the first week of January was a shock to my system. On the first day, I checked at least 3 times before I was sure that it was indeed 6.30am and not the middle of the night. It was pitch black. The wonderful consolation is that during my drive, the light is on its way, and by the time I arrive at school, the sky is glowing. (Unless, of course, it's a rainy day where the sky stays grey). I have so enjoyed watching the light rise over Portishead as I drive to school, then feel a sadness when it's pitch black when I drive home. 

Yet, just a couple of weeks into January, I am noticing the light change. Ever so subtly, but it is definitely changing. It is a tiny bit lighter when I leave the house in the morning, and a little less dark as I drive home. I love knowing that the days are growing towards Spring, towards more light in our days. Tonight, I smiled as I left school at 5.15 at the rich blue sky waiting for me to behold. It glowed through my entire journey home, and I loved it.

p.s can you spot the star?

No comments: