Sunday, August 28, 2011

As I write this, it is two minutes past midnight. 

This time last year, I remember exactly where I was. I was sat in the lounge of the flat that was to become the first home I would share with my soon-to-be husband, with two of my bridesmaids. (The other two had done the sensible thing and gone to bed already.) One of my bridesmaids was giving me a wonderful manicure, while we reminisced on how we had dreamed about this day since childhood. 

It was the night before my wedding & I was having a heart to heart with two of my oldest friends about the wonderful man I was about to marry. I knew that I should be sleeping, but this was the only time I would have in my life where we would be having this conversation, and I couldn't pass it up for a few minutes of extra sleep. 

In just a few hours time, I would be marrying the man who had become my best friend. I could hardly believe it, yet I knew with great clarity that this was exactly what I wanted to be doing, and I didn't want to forget one second of the anticipation and action.



We had rehearsed the wedding ceremony earlier in the day, and in just a few short hours, we would be doing it all for real. I was well & truly excited about the day that I would become Mrs. King.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful day xx

Ros De Silva said...

Happy Paper Anniversary! Congratulations and well done on your first year of marriage! How quickly that has flown by and may many more years quickly fly by and multiply! Loads of love to you both. The DS's xxx