Saturday, May 17, 2008

millions of peaches...

Yesterday the children I look after had a particular craving for tinned peaches, which resulted in me having the song, 'millions of peaches, peaches for me' going round my head. This song brings back memories of being at the Andrews' house and John and Michael playing this immensely annoying song over and over again - for my benefit of course.

We (me and the kids) had a lot of fun yesterday afternoon. Grace wanted to write a play for her friends to perform, and enlisted my typing abilities, as her fingers couldn't keep up with the speed at which her thoughts were going. Aside from being an entertaining play, which she was making up as she went along, the greatest hilarity came from Grace getting her bottom stuck in the waste paper basket. After extracting her, Will decided it looked like a lot of fun, so he got himself stuck. It was perhaps even funnier when he did it - because he is so little - his whole body was literally folded in half inside the bin, with just his feet and head protruding. What fun. As is often the case, this game started getting a little too raucous, so to stop it going further, I put the bin on my head - quite a sight to behold I should imagine - me sat at the computer, typing with a bin on my head, and a monkey-like four year old clambering all over me. Once again, I love kids.

Today I paid a spontaneous visit to my old housemates, who I have had the privilege of seeing quite a lot lately. The last three times I've been, it has taken me an hour to leave (having made the decision to go and getting out the door), because we (being Helen and I) can't stop talking. It's wonderful to have the luxury of time and closeness of friendship to be able to do that.

This afternoon has been spent cutting up photos and making cards - here are some of the fruits of my labour...


2 comments:

snailsnail said...

That's exactly what springs to mind when I think of that song too!

David Barnes said...

Mum and I both really like the "Thank You" card.