Friday, September 05, 2008

Activity of the week...

I've had a fun week's worth of childminding, which has been wonderful after doing very little for the past couple of weeks. The family I work for have a big old apple tree in their garden and the apples have come earlier than anticipated this year, and in great abundance. So I have done a whole lot of peeling, cutting, stewing and delivering apples. Probably about three hours worth.

They have far more than they know what to do with, so I was very happy to relieve them of a few pounds worth. Now I have more than I know what to do with, but have plans to make Devon apple cake, Mile High Apple Pie (a children's book which when I read it the first time it brought tears to my eyes and had the added bonus of giving a recipe), apple cake, and some other appley treats!

No comments: