Wednesday, January 21, 2009

...

A much needed ray of light came into my day today by complete surprise. As I was walking to school to collect the kids, thinking about how horrible it is that the monthly pain that comes with being a woman affects how I think & feel far more than it should, I walked past a little girl, waiting with her younger brother, while their Mum came out of the house with a baby in a carry-chair. The first thought that entered my head was, 'That woman has three young children. She's amazing.' Because, quite frankly, children are tiring. Very tiring. And so it is that with each passing day of working with children, I grow in admiration of parents who are with children all. the. time.

Anyway, back to my story. The girl was looking at me, and as I walked past, she said, 'that's a lovely girl, mummy.' Quite what it was about me that she thought was lovely, I do not know, but in that moment I rejoiced again at the wonderful ways children have that we as adults don't.

1 comment:

David Barnes said...

What an insightful little girl that was: you are lovely inside and out!