Friday, October 23, 2009

Birthday Cake

Last weekend was my 25th birthday. It was wonderful for the celebrations to be spread over the whole weekend, spanning from Friday night to Sunday. Every day featured cake of some kind. Lots of different kinds, in fact, so here's a little rundown of the cake-friends that attended my birthday celebrations:


some of my very own :: vanilla & orange combo



seriously thickly coated vanilla with chocolate orange



mini meringues with pistachios & white chocolate




crafted by Mr Dave Evens :: chocolate lake




courtesy of the Hummingbird Bakery :: chocolate brownie with raspberry cheese cake





black bottomed cupcakes



Thankyou hummingbird bakery for enticing me with your spectacular cakes, comfy stools and bright, classy pink decor. You were brilliant.


And last but not least on the cake list, lemon drizzle cake, made by John's Mum. Thanks, Sarah! This one managed to get consumed before I was able to take a photo so you'll just have to use your imaginations...

Needless to say, I was a bit sugared out by Sunday, yet somehow I have managed to gently graze my way through the leftovers this week.

No comments: