Friday, July 09, 2010

making me giddy



At this stage in my life, I am in transition.
 
For the whole time that I have been wondering what path to go down in terms of a career, I have carried my love of baking along with me. This has become a bit of a dream of mine, that one day, I might be able to make a living doing what I love - creating beautiful cakes that taste delicious.

I feel like I have managed to reach a point of reconciliation in my thinking: 

Becoming a teacher does not mean that I can't bake. 

There might just be opportunities for me to do both.

But for the meantime, I am thoroughly enjoying that feeling I get when I open up a magazine to find an article such as the one pictured. It's all about women who bake. Women who did what they loved & managed to grow a spectacular business out of it.

Maybe, just maybe, one day this might be me.

In the meantime, I will happily bake away for pleasure & maybe a little bit of business when I am fortunate enough to stumble upon somebody who would like to pay me to bake.

Today, I have the joy of doing just that.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ros De Silva said...

...or stumble upon somebody who would like to INVEST in a business with you...! ;-)