Friday, April 22, 2011

Well, dear friends, there is much to fill you in on. The last week has been a fun-filled sun-filled one and I'd like to share some highlights with you. There will be a few recipes, a little bit of sewing, a couple of mini-adventures and a whole lot of sun & sea.

To start off with, let me tell you about Clevedon. I am going to be spending the next 2 months commuting there for my final school placement. Last Friday, Hannah and I took a trip there to enjoy the delights it has to offer. Hannah introduced me to Tiffins, her favourite Clevedon coffee shop, where they give every customer a miniature tiffin slice with their drink – how brilliant is that? 


 And tea served in round glasses? I love them. 


Clevedon is by the sea. The scent of salty sea air reminded me of home. When I moved to Bristol, one of the things I missed the most was being by the sea.

There were some seriously hardy swimmers who had ventured into the waters. Hannah and I watched in awe as the 60-something-year olds emerged from the water. Even on a summer’s day, the sea here is barely warm. We hoped that we might be like them when we’re older. 


Apparently, they even swim in the sea on Boxing Day in the middle of Winter. Rachel was pretty impressed too, as she only has experience of swimming in her mummy’s tummy so far, and the sea is a much bigger pool to play in than the womb. What an exciting prospect for her - see how excited she is!


 Check back later to hear about our restful adventures in Devon. Oh what fun we had.

1 comment:

Ben said...

That's a money shot of baby awesome, perfect clarity in the eyes and sweet timing on the cheeky grin. Love it!