Tuesday, July 05, 2011

summer sewing

Remember these fabrics?


{fabric from Moda range by designer Sandy Gervais}

I was so excited when I bought them that I cut them up straight away to make bunting. The neat pile of triangles then sat next to my sewing machine for far too long before being stitched together. Yesterday, I finally got round to it.



On my last trip to Poppy Patchwork, I picked up a few more fat quarters, one of which I turned into this dress (although I had to go & get a little bit more fabric as one quarter wasn't quite enough).



{Fabric by designer Riley Blake: 'Lovebird'}

This dress isn't for any baby in particular, I made it purely for the fun of it. I quite like having a little stock of homemade items at the ready - it means I have longer to enjoy the prettiness before giving them away!

No comments: