Friday, June 02, 2006

adventures to come

On Wednesday it was my flatmates' 21st birthday. We woke hre up at 7am, by jumping on her bed and presenting her with a bunch of balloons, and her presents. Having opened her presents consisting of a carrot, some sugar cubes and an apple, I think Sarah was a little unsure whether to laugh or cry. However, we are not mean flatmates, and are not suggesting that her diet should consist of these things, so we presented her with her wonderfully crafted birthday card (see below), which gave a more specific clue as to what her actual present was. We're going horseriding!!! We're going to go on a hack in the Cotswold's, which we're all very excited about.

We left the house at 7.30am with a blindfolded Sarah, and took her to Royal Fort Gardens
to have a picnic breakfast with some delicious pastries from the bakery and strawberries and cherries from the greengrocers - so good. It was so lovely to be outside enjoying the sunshine at 8am. Love it.

I'm in the middle of exams at the moment, and I have to say, they've been incredibly kind with the questions. I've had a couple of run-ins in two of the exams with my contact lenses, which have been serving me well for most of the time. I rubbed my eyes a little too vigorously in my exam yesterday and ended up dislodging one of my lenses, pushing it up under my upper eyelid. Gross. You don't really want to hear about that anymore. I am becoming more certain that the intensity of the work you do in exams increases your appetite. I've been eating normal amounts, but found in my exam yesterday that my stomach felt like it was eating itself, it was so hungry.

It's now only 23 days until I go to Uganda, which seems unreal in a lot of ways. I don't think it will seem real until I've actually got there, especially as I have such little time to get myself organized before going, which is not a good thing, as I am partially responsible for 9 others and not just myself. If anyone has a video camera that they would like to lend me for the trip, that would be absolutely incredible. I know it's a lot to ask, and so totally understand if no-one can or wants to. I was going to ask my brother, but have just read his blog to say he's going to be making a short film over the summer, so I'm thinking that's not possible.






No comments: